We are currently looking for a Senior Research Associate - Molecular Biology to join a leading Cell and Gene Therapy company based in Stevenage. As the Senior Research Associate - Molecular Biology you will be part of the R&D team to discover new AAV-based-gene-therapy medicine.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Senior Research Associate - Molecular Biology will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be conducted experiments to enable discovery and characterisation of novel AAV capsids. You will be doing routinely: cloning, PCR (qPCR and rtPCR), SDS-Page, Western Blot, FACS analysis , Cell Culture.
2. Design experiments, troubleshoot and optimise methods.
3. Participate in drafting Laboratory Protocols/SOPs as required
4. As the Senior Research Associate - Molecular Biology, you will be involved in training junior member of the lab and the general maintenance of the lab to ensure a safe working environment.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Research Associate - Molecular Biology we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. A minimum of an BSc in biological sciences, including but not limited to biochemistry, genetics, microbiology etc. An MSc with some industrial and/or academic experience is desirable.
2. Proven experience in cloning (standard RE digest, Gibson Assembly, site-directed mutagenesis), PCR (qPCR, rtPCR) RNA/DNA purification, plasmid preparation, SDS-Page, Western Blot, FACS Analysis , Cell Culture. Experience with Adeno-Associated Viral (AAV) Vectors would be advantageous.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with troubleshooting and method development.
Key Words: Cell and Gene Therapy / AAV / Biotech / Molecular Biology / Cloning / RE digest / Gibson Assembly / site-directed mutagenesis / PCR / qPCR / rtPCR / RNA / DNA / plasmid / SDS-Page / Western Blot / FACS Analysis / Cell Culture / SOP / Capsid / R&D
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Christina Giakou
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5632335
- Posted: 10th October 2019
- Expires: 7th November 2019