We are currently looking for a Scientific Data Manager to join a leading pharmaceutical company based in the Oxford area focusing on drug discovery. As the Scientific Data Manager you will be supporting drug discovery and drug development applications and specific scientific and informatics projects with data management and data control.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Scientific Data Manager will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. The Scientific Data Manager will lead the team that provide support to Drug Discovery and Development applications to ensure business continuity
2. You will implement and support custom Drug Discovery workflows for lab data processing, data analysis, data reporting, visualization and automation
3. As the Scientific Data Manager team leader, you are responsible for planning, coordinating and managing the activities of the Scientific Data Management team locally
4. You will be managing a team of seven so will need to be an experienced line manager, and will have a successful track record in working as an informatics scientist and drug discovery.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Scientific Data Manager we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. PhD or Master's Degree in Computer Sciences or science subject
2. Experience in Computer Sciences & data management for Life Sciences, such as programming and data handling (e.g: java, .net, R, Knime), or working with relational databases (ORACLE, SQL)
3. Experience with compliant GxP Computer System Validation and Change Control processes would be a plus
Key Words: Data Management, Drug Discovery, Scientific Data, Software, GxP, Data validation
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: David Powell
- Phone: 0161 507 0450
- Reference: J5632307
- Posted: 3rd October 2019
- Expires: 31st October 2019