Are you an experience RF Optical Design Engineer looking for an exciting new opportunity?
We are currently looking for a RF Optical Transceiver Engineer to join an expanding company based in the Lothians.
As the RF Optical Transceiver Engineer you will have responsibility for the high frequency design of packages and electronics for fibre optic transceiver modules.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the RF Optical Transceiver Engineer will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Perform full lifecycle product development (design, develop, test prototypes, manufacture and qualification) and design optical integrated circuit systems and components that meet the needs and requirements of the client's customers.
2. You will be responsible for producing outline designs, new concepts as well as conduct experiments methodically. This will include analysing data and interpreting results.
3. Additionally, as the RF Design Engineer, you will test and evaluate theoretical designs and transfer processes into volume foundry partners and support with qualification and ramp.
4. Finally, you will evaluate the final product's overall performance, reliability and safety. You will alter and modify designs to meet requirements and to eliminate malfunctions.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the RF Optical Transceiver Engineer we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant Masters or PhD in Physics or Engineering as well as experience and understanding of transceiver metrics for example eye margin, BER and dispersion penalty.
2. You must have a solid technical background in optical transceiver design and test, electro optic testing and be familiar with transceiver design software tools such as HFSS, ADS or SPICE.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with mathematical computing and analysis tools (Matlan, Python, Visual Basic or C) would be advantageous.
Key Words: Optical Design and Development Engineer | RF Development Engineer | Radio Frequency | Photonics | Laser Engineering | Telecoms | Physics | Optics | Research and Development | Laser Inscription | Transceiver
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Debra Fong
- Phone: 0131 202 9700
- Reference: J5631944
- Posted: 2nd October 2019
- Expires: 30th October 2019