We are currently looking for a Fermentation Scientist to join a leading biopharmaceutical company based in the Wiltshire area. As the Fermentation Scientist you will be responsible for the development of fermentation processes related to the culturing and processing of pathogenic micro-organisms.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Fermentation Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will assist senior colleagues in fermentation projects whilst also supporting activities dedicated to the development of GMP and non-GMP fermentation process.
2. You will play an important role in upstream process development within projects involved in the Research and Development of new, and improved, existing biopharmaceutical products.
3. Generating and implementing experimental designs followed by the analysis and management of data will be part of your role in the fermentation team. Alongside this, you will prepare project reports and scientific publications.
4. You will provide scientific and technical knowledge in the fermentation area.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Fermentation Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. A masters degree in a relevant scientific discipline (e.g. Pharmaceutical Science, Biotechnology, Microbial Fermentation, Microbiology, Biochemistry, etc.) is essential for this position. A PhD in a biochemical or biotechnological area will be highly desirable.
2. Proven industry experience in a biopharmaceutical company working with fermentation processes, media development, scale-up and analytical methods is required for this position. Experience handling pathogenic micro-organisms and toxic products would be beneficial.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with participating in multidisciplinary teams and an understanding of GMP and other regulatory requirements will be necessary for this position.
Key Words: Fermentation | Development | Biopharmaceutical | Biotechnology | GMP | Microbial Fermentation | Pathogenic Micro-organisms | Media Development | Scale-up | Upstream
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Georgina Beer
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5632290
- Posted: 2nd October 2019
- Expires: 30th October 2019