We are currently looking for a Lead ADMET Scientist to join a leading life sciences company based in the Cheshire area. As the Lead ADMET Scientist you will be responsible for ensuring that in vitro DMPK studies are carried out to the required scientific and Customer expected standard. You must be competent with mass spectrometry and hands on with analytical techniques, and a good ability to review and approve the experimental data for detailed interpretation and reporting. You have responsibility for fulfilling customers' queries regarding all technical aspects of the studies, from design to results. As Lead ADMET Scientist you must conduct experiments (in a contract research environment) with the utmost integrity, and you act as role model and provide support for less experienced scientists in the team
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Lead ADMET Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Oversee Departmental sample receipt, scheduling, assay runs, mass spectrometry analysis, data processing, data reporting, returning client data within agreed timelines all to a very high standard.
2. Proficient use of ADMET data management software to facilitate Departmental workflow.
3. Supervising & mentoring junior members of staff as part of the team for proficient Departmental workflow.
4. Managing junior staff effectively, including performance and personal development.
5. Ensuring adequate essential consumables/reagents stocks are maintained, and that necessary equipment are maintained/serviced in order to guarantee the business continuity of the Department.
6. Active role in Health & Safety of the ADMET Laboratory and staff, maintaining accurate and up to date documentation, ensuring high standards of safety are met.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Lead ADMET Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a life sciences or chemistry focussed discipline plus have in depth knowledge and hands on proficiency of in vitro studies, bioanalysis, aseptic cell culture, general DMPK study designs, contract research organisation workflows, and sample management and tracking, and outsourcing.
2. Plan and maintain a close awareness of multiple project status at all times and anticipate issues that may affect timing, quality or integrity and resolve with decisive action, delivering on customers' expectations.
3. Mentor less experienced staff, and proficiently trouble-shoot daily departmental challenges; on an organisational as well as experimental basis using expert knowledge.
Key Words: ADME | ADMET | ADME Tox | Toxicology | Bioanalysis | in Vitro DMPK | DMPK
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Eve Hegarty
- Phone: 0131 202 9700
- Reference: J5632287
- Posted: 1st October 2019
- Expires: 29th October 2019