We are currently looking for a Animal Technician to join a drug discovery group based in the Angus area. As the Animal Technician you will be responsible for assisting and performing experimental procedures for in vivo research studies to the highest level of care and welfare, in strict compliance with legislative requirements and company policies.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Animal Technician will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Under the direction of study directors and senior Animal Technicians, undertake a range of basic in vivo procedures and assist in conducting experimental studies. Additionally, be proactive in gaining competency in more advanced in vivo techniques.
2. Ensure that results are collected promptly and accurately as per SOPs and to high legislative standards, and to keep appropriate records of all experiments.
3. Prepare study paperwork and materials prior to study start dates.
4. Assist in general unit housekeeping including cleaning, washing and maintenance.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Animal Technician we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Minimum 5 GCSEs (or equivalent), including a science related subject. A-Levels or BTEC in Animal Care (or a related area) or equivalent work experience in a GLP environment would be considered desirable.
2. A Personal Licensee Holder (preferably Modules 1-4).
3. The ability to work overtime when required as per company needs, possibly at short notice.
Key Words: animal care | in vivo | technician | GLP | experimental studies
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Jessica McLachlan
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5632286
- Posted: 1st October 2019
- Expires: 29th October 2019