We are currently looking for a Protein Biologist / SPR Scientist to join a leading Pharmaceutical company based in the Berkshire area. As the Protein Biologist / SPR Scientist you will be responsible for working within the discovery team and apply biophysical methods (e.g. SPR).
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Protein Biologist / SPR Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will apply biophysical methods (e.g. SPR) to rapidly determine the function of proteins derived by high-throughput DNA cloning and protein expression methods. Your highly impactful role will feed directly into core company strategies and will be key for delivering a new technology platform.
2. The ideal candidate would have practical experience of establishing and running SPR assays, however as training can be provided candidates with a background in development of other techniques for assessing protein-protein interactions would be considered.
3. You will be educated to PhD level, or will have gained equivalent experience in an industrial setting. This role will present opportunities to collaborate with other research sites in the US and Belgium as well as developing a professional network of academic and CRO scientists.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Protein Biologist / SPR Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a scientific discipline (PhD preferred).
2. Proven industry experience in an industrial setting.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with running SPR assays.
Key Words: Biophysical Scientist / Biophysical / Scientist / Lab / Laboratory Protein characterisation / SEC / IEC / Protein / SPR / Berkshire / Pharmaceutical / CRO / PhD / DNA cloning / Protein /
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Fabio Roque
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5632272
- Posted: 30th September 2019
- Expires: 28th October 2019