We are currently looking for a Production Manager to join a biotechnology company based in the Edinburgh area.
As the Production Manager you will be responsible for managing manufacturing activities and play a key role in the growth of the company. We are looking for an experienced individual to join as a key member of the management team, with a proven track record in running a GMP Manufacturing Operation and who shares a passion for business excellence and customer service.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Production Manager will have responsibility for Production, Project Management, Supply Chain including responsibilities for Health & Safety and Facilities Management. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Production Manager will be responsible for all manufacturing activities and working closely with the management team ensure effective delivery of manufacturing projects.
1. Manage all manufacturing activities and ensure they are delivered on schedule & budget and that they fully comply with current requirements of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and in compliance with EU Directives.
2. Lead motivate and develop a team of GMP Scientists and provide ongoing practical training and advice particularly in cell biology and sterile manufacturing and ensure all manufacturing staff are fully trained for their responsibilities. Promote manufacturing best practice and performance standards.
3. Work closely with clients to ensure successful technology transfer and ongoing manufacture of a range of products. You will also work closely with the Development Manager to ensure the effective transfer of new manufacturing processes and to ensure scientific best practice.
4. The company is expanding, and as part of the management team you will contribute to the design and oversee the manufacturing transfer to new facility.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Production Manager we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree or PhD in a life science related discipline, eg. Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Bioprocessing, etc. You will also require additional experience in the field of cell therapies, cell line development, biologics manufacturing, cell banking, stem cell biology or ATMPs.
2. Proven industry experience in a sterile manufacturing facility within GMP cleanrooms.
3. Sound knowledge of GMP, plus experience managing and training a team in a GMP environment as well as upholding GMP standards across all manufacturing activities.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Eve Hegarty
- Phone: 0131 202 9700
- Reference: J5631637
- Posted: 27th September 2019
- Expires: 25th October 2019