A leading speciality chemical company has an exciting opportunity for a Flow Chemistry Scientist to join its team. With support from the chemical engineers, your role will be to guide the continuous flow chemistry from microreactors to 10Kg. To be considered, you must have experience in flow chemistry. Both industrial and academic experience will be considered.
* Guide the continuous flow chemistry from microreactors to 10Kg with support from chemical engineer.
* Deliver robust routing scouting to deliver materials in a time efficient manner.
* Supervise, develop & coach laboratory based chemists.
* Prepare a variety of materials in an agile and efficient manner.
* External focal lead for assigned chemical outsourcing.
* Steer safety initiatives to continue to build on the strong safety culture, deliver risk assessments and consistently demonstrate the highest standards of safety and quality.
* Provide design solutions to a variety of programs to enable lube science teams to prove or disprove the working hypothesis.
* Communicate progress, issues and delivery through a variety of communication media.
Education & Experience Required:
* Educated to PhD level in organic or polymer chemistry - preferred. Equivalent experience will be considered.
* Proven experience in continuous flow chemistry
* Strong track record of delivering materials to tight timescales within a research & development environment.
* Ability to work effectively as an individual, in groups and as part of cross-functional teams, across multiple cultures, on a wide portfolio of projects to deliver value to the customer.
Pay Rate: £Comp
Package: 10% Bonus, 25 days holiday, enhanced pensions scheme, medical insurance, subsidised on site canteen, free parking and various company benefits
Job Type: Monday - Friday, Permanent role
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 6156
- Posted: 27th September 2019
- Expires: 25th October 2019