Your duties as the Bioinformatician will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As a Bioinformatician you will analysing NGS and amplicon-based data derived from the laboratory team, followed by interpretation to draw significant conclusions with the research and development team.
2. Whilst collaborating with the automation and data scientists you will develop pipelines that can analyse barcode/ UMI containing libraries.
3. As a Bioinformatician you will help develop and maintain bioinformatics tools with the software team, alongside coming up with cutting-edge approaches for the informatics analysis.
4.You will collaborate with the wet-lab team to design experiments and provide feedback for continuous improvement and development communicated in a clear and concise style.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Bioinformatician we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant PhD in Bioinformatics, Biomedical Science or another related scientific discipline.
2. Proven industry experience in developing custom pipelines for analysis of NGS data from variant libraries. Experience analysing amplicon-based data will be desirable for the role.
3. A working knowledge of applied statistics, bioinformatics tools and databases and strong practical experience programming in Python.
Key Words: Bioinformatician, Bioinformatics, Analysis, Programming, Pipeline, NGS, Amplicon, Python, Statistics, Library, Protein, Antibody, Therapeutics, Data, Design, Biotechnology, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Lucie McGrath
- Phone: 0161 507 0450
- Reference: J5632132
- Posted: 24th September 2019
- Expires: 22nd October 2019