Are you an experienced analytical manager looking for your next challenge? I am currently recruiting for a Chemistry Manager to join a busy inorganic UKAS accredited laboratory at their site based in Cambridgeshire, on a full time, permanent basis.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, this person will be responsible for Lab Managers, Team Leaders, Senior Analysts, Analysts and Laboratory Technicians. The successful Chemistry Manager will be responsible for all the technical and operational processes of the Organics and Inorganics laboratories, as well as working with the Operations Manager to deliver laboratory output and quality performance targets. The company offers a salary of £35,000 - £45,000 depending on experience. Hours are 9am - 5.30pm Monday - Friday. Please note the closing date for this role is Monday 23rd September 2019.
This role is located in Cambridgeshire, easily commutable from surrounding areas.
Your main duties will be to:
- Oversee and coordinate the generation of accurate and timely work output from the chemistry department in line with client expectations, ISO9001 and UKAS standards.
- Ensure the quality control and compliance with laboratory quality systems.
- Manage departmental capacities and workload.
- Manage technical liaison with clients.
- Manage the recruitment, performance, discipline, induction, training, appraisal, and development of laboratory staff.
- Coordinate method modification, development and validation within the laboratories.
- Solve departmental problems and make decisions within the department to resolve issues.
- Comply with all Health & Safety and ISO14001 requirements.
- Provide regular performance and operational update reports to the Operations Manager.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Degree qualified or equivalent in a relevant science subject.
- Proven industry experience of working in a fast paced, analytical and results driven environment.
- Previous experience of an environmental ISO17025 accredited laboratory would be beneficial.
- Senior management experience including project management and delivery and excellent people management skills.
- Commercially focused.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good communication skills & team player.
- Organisational skills.
- Strong focus on business improvement.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46552 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Victoria Walker
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: 46552
- Posted: 13th September 2019
- Expires: 11th October 2019