Abbi Carmody at CK Science is recruiting for a Lean Manager to join a busy inorganic and organic UKAS accredited laboratory for a company in the chemical industry at their site based in Newmarket on a permanent basis with a salary of £40,000- £50,000.
Our client is committed to continuously improving every aspect of its business and as part of this, they offer all employees full training and support, along with 5 weeks holiday, a contributory company personal pension scheme, and free life and personal accident cover - Mondays to Fridays.
This role is located in Newmarket, within an easy commutable distance to Cambridge and the surrounding areas via public transport and road links.
Your main duties will be to:
- Work with the Senior Management Team to develop and implement a business transformation and continuous improvement strategy.
- Be responsible for the successful management and implementation of business improvement projects/initiatives across the business to deliver targeted operational and financial efficiency improvements.
Further responsibilities will include to:
- Deliver the creation and implementation of best practice Lean vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures across the whole organisation.
- Deliver agreed new business initiatives and projects and review and communicate the impact on Lean activities.
- Develop a robust continuous improvement strategy in partnership with the Management Team and key business stakeholders.
- Implement and lead the cultural change across the organisation to drive business improvement.
- Define, develop, and lead continuous improvement activities to improve operational performance and deliver operational efficiencies and cost savings.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Degree level / HNC - Science or equivalent.
- Lean Practitioner Certificate.
- MS Office - Intermediate.
- Good communication skills.
- Numerical and verbal reasoning.
- Experience of working in a UKAS environment.
- Experience of working in an environmental field/laboratory (Desirable).
- Commercial Awareness.
- Project Management.
- Professional Relationship Management.
- Decision Making.
A competitive salary and benefits package.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46551 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Abbi Carmody
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: 46551
- Posted: 13th September 2019
- Expires: 11th October 2019