Industrial Hygienist for Pharma Company
One of our clients, well known pharma and animal health company is currently looking for an experienced Industrial Hygienist / EHS Specialist in Austria, Vienna.
The position will be a great combination of EHS coordination and hands-on tasks on a daily base. Our client is offering you career opportunities and future perspectives for a professional growth.
* Lead and drive the implementation of the Site's Industrial Hygiene Program, ensuring compliance with both regulatory and company requirements and providing Industrial Hygiene technical support for engineering projects
* Develop and coordinate the execution of the site's Industrial Hygiene systems, including site processes to anticipate, recognize, and evaluate workplace health hazards and recommend proper control strategies to manage identified risks
* Prioritize IH-related risks and develop and assist with implementing corrective action and preventive action plans. Monitor and communicate overall status of plans to Site Management
* Proactively identify improvement opportunities and collaborate with other Industrial Hygienists, EHS staff, Engineering /and Operations personnel to leverage best practices and drive continuous improvement efforts
* Maintain the required technical competencies, proficiencies, and regulatory knowledge to ensure responsibilities are effectively executed
* Technical expertise needs to include but is not limited to: exposure assessment & monitoring of pharmaceutical operations; control strategies - prevention, engineering controls, work practice controls, and personal protective equipment (PPE) including respiratory protection, applicable regulatory and company requirements
* Establish and maintain excellent communication processes to ensure on site and above site management, occupational health, and affected employees understand the workplace hazards, exposures, and accompanying risks, as well as the needed control strategies
* Provide technical support for new projects and modifications to ensure proper Industrial Hygiene design review, containment verification, as well as routine /maintenance evaluation after process / equipment installed / implemented
* Degree in Industrial Hygiene as well as an expectation to have or obtain professional certification in industrial (occupational) hygiene
* Solid experience with managing risks associated with high potency pharmaceutical compounds and full understanding of containment systems and concepts
* Experience in leading the integration of excellent Industrial Hygiene processes into chemical / pharmaceutical operations or similar industries
* Ability to analyze data, interpret results/ trends, decide appropriate, cost effective corrective actions and provide clear recommendations to both management and employees
* Excellent technical, leadership and communication (oral & written) skills in German (preferred) and English
If working in a well respected and market leading company appeals to you, apply today by emailing a recent CV in word format to Paulina Suder at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on +49 (0) 8921 0933 64.
You MUST be eligible to work in Austria. Learn more
- Agency: NonStop Recruitment
- Reference: PS/212594/5
- Updated: 16th September 2019
- Expires: 23rd September 2019