Oliver Care at CK Science is recruiting for a Technical Service Manager to join a specialist chemical manufacturer at their site based in Hertfordshire on a permanent basis.
Our client is specialist polymer processing and coating company, they are a leading manufacturer and supplier that were established 100 years ago.
This role is located north Hertfordshire. The site is easily commutable from London, Cambridge and the surrounding areas there are excellent transport links via public transport and a great road networks.
The Technical Services department is a key differentiator for the business and the highly experienced team work remotely to provide expert pre-sales consultancy, post-sale issue resolution, installation training and trade demonstrations to the UK and overseas markets.
Your main duties will be to:
- Lead, motivate and develop the Technical Services team and maximise the effective use of their time and expertise.
- Ensure that the Technical Services team integrates effectively with the commercial teams and product development team to provide a proactive service which supports sales growth.
- Work cross-functionally to ensure that the Technical Services team are an integral part of the Key Account Management process.
Further responsibilities will include to:
- Work closely with the Product Managers to identify opportunities in the marketplace for the introduction of new products.
- Develop a creative thinking environment to enable the Technical Services team to design or create new applications, systems, or products to deliver leading edge solutions.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- A strong track record of people management, including managing remote teams.
- Experience of a technical service based role within a chemical manufacturing environment.
- Experience in the construction industry.
- Experience within coatings, polymers, floorings.
- Excellent communication skills, commercial acumen and an assertive nature.
An excellent salary of between £50,000 to £60,000 depending on experience with a car allowance of around £5,000.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45676 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Oliver Care
- Phone: 01438 723500
- Reference: 45676
- Posted: 13th September 2019
- Expires: 11th October 2019