Opportunity for an Analytical Team Manager to join a world-leading chemical manufacturing organisation.
Title: Analytical Team Manager
Location: North Cheshire
Salary: £39,000 per annum
Employment Term: Permanent
Do you have a strong background of people management and analytical chemistry? This might just be the next step in your career.
SRG is working with one of Europe's biggest chemical companies supplying a wide range of chemicals across industries including food, paints, adhesives, healthcare, personal care and water treatment. As part of ongoing succession planning, they are looking for an Analytical Team Manager to lead a team providing analytical support across the entire site. The successful individual will manage and motivate a team of 13 Shift Analysts, as well as day to day operations, including costs, stock control and quality systems. Reporting to the Head of Labs, this role would be a brilliant opportunity for someone with proven people management skills and a background in analytical chemistry or similar.
Benefits: A key position in a highly respected and successful chemicals company. 29 days holiday as standard plus 8 statutory days. Option to take 5 additional days or cash bonus in lieu. Private healthcare, company bonus and an excellent pension scheme. 36 working hours per week, 8.00am - 3.45pm, Monday to Friday.
Role / Description
* Leading, developing and motivating staff through training and appraisals to reach full potential and competency
* Day to day management of the laboratory and workload, supporting the team with problem solving and root cause analysis
* Preparing and agreeing analysis schedules and organising lab resources to meet requirements of internal and external customers
* Overseeing analysis of raw materials, in process and finished product samples, as well as environmental testing. Techniques include GC, ICP, MS, AAS, density, colour, polarimetry and wet chemistry.
* Managing budget and expenditure, including purchasing new stock, equipment and taking advantage of new technologies to improve service
* Commissioning, validating and calibrating new equipment as required.
* Managing laboratory quality, health and safety standards to ensure standards are adhered to, including internal and external audits.
* Proven background in people management - team leader, supervisory or managerial experience
* Strong, hands on experience of laboratory operations, preferable Analytical Chemistry
* Practical experience of GC or ICP considered advantageous
* Relevant scientific degree preferred or qualified through experience
* Adaptable, able to drive motivation and lead from the front
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV firstname.lastname@example.org For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: analytical, people management, manager, team leader, supervisor, laboratory, analysis, analyse, analyst, QC, quality control, contract testing, testing, chemist, chemistry, GC, gas chromatography, MS, Mass Spectroscopy, ICP, ICP-OES, ICP-MS, AAS, wet chemistry
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in STEM industries. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and passion are second to none. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities at all levels and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J33436
- Posted: 13th September 2019
- Expires: 11th October 2019