We are currently looking for a QC Biochemistry Team Leader to join a leading Antibody Discovery company based in the North Wales area. As the QC Biochemistry Team Leader you will be responsible for the testing of therapeutic products and managing the day to day biochemistry laboratory activities and team. You will be using extensively: HPLC, UV, ELISA, SDS PAGE and FTIR.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the QC Biochemistry Team Leader will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will ensure the effective, timely and compliant operation of daily activities in the laboratory including non- conformance reviews and implementation of corrective actions.
2. You will manage and supervise the QC Biochemistry team, scheduling their work load and ensuring that analytical activities are carried out effectively.
3. Testing of raw materials, intermediates and finish products will be among your duties and responsibilities as well as supervising other members with testing. You will be a representative of the QC team in meetings and provide subject matter expert Analytical/Bioassay knowledge.
4. As the QC Team Leader, you will maintain stock, draft and review protocols, liaise with suppliers to ensure equipment is maintained, manage written records, and ensure compliance with COSHH.
5. You will be a part of team building, training and problem solving internally and across the site.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the QC Team Leader we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Life Sciences related discipline such as, but not limited to, Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biotechnology and a number of years of experience working within analytical testing within a Pharmaceutical organisation is essential to your application.
2. Proven industry experience using techniques such as HPLC, UV, ELISA, SDS PAGE, FTIR and to analyse monoclonal antibodies.
3. Experience managing, leading a team of QC analysts is essential.
Key Words: Pharmaceuticals | Biotechnology | GMP | ELISA | PCR | HPLC | Titration | Analytical Testing | Bioassay | QC | Quality Control | Life Sciences | Biology | Chemistry | Analytical |
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Christina Giakou
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5632194
- Posted: 13th September 2019
- Expires: 11th October 2019