Mary Bolt at CK Science is recruiting for a Laboratory Manager to join a leading stem cell bank at their site based in West Sussex on a permanent basis.
Our client is the largest private cord blood storage company in the UK established by clinicians and scientists passionate about the field of regenerative medicine.
This role is located in West Sussex and the site is easily commutable from Surrey, Sussex, Brighton, Crawley and surrounding areas.
Your main duties will be to:
- Oversee the blood and tissue processing laboratory and be responsible for the day to day management of laboratory analysis, processing and storage, develop and implement analytical procedures, evaluate laboratory information and report results according to protocols mandated by the Laboratory Director.
- Maintain laboratory equipment and performance by adhering to and establishing quality standards, developing operations, quality, and troubleshooting procedures, ensuring staff compliance, certifying instrument performance and arranging equipment replacement, service, and repair.
- Maintain laboratory productivity by monitoring workload of functional areas, identifying peak and slack periods and making operational or staffing adjustment as well as maintaining medical laboratory staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees and maintaining results by counselling and disciplining employees and planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining laboratory supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies and verifying receipt of supplies.
- Maintaining quality results by performing proficiency surveys, reviewing quality control and quality assurance programs, making adjustments in policy and procedures, generating reports and maintaining records.
- Maintaining the laboratory information system by identifying information needs and problems, recommending improvements, establishing priorities, testing, writing user manuals, training employees and maintaining security and confidentiality.
- Implementing new programs, tests, methods, instrumentation, and procedures by investigating alternatives, preparing proposals developing and performing parallel testing and monitoring progress.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Educated to degree level or above in Life Science or a related field with significant experience of working in a laboratory environment and hold current registration with the HPC.
- A thorough knowledge of blood and tissue processing and ideally a background in cell culture, experience in a cleanroom laboratory, experience of Quality Management Systems and experience in equipment maintenance.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills and competent in managing a team of laboratory staff and office-based administration.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46525 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Mary Bolt
- Phone: 01438 743047
- Reference: 46525
- Posted: 13th September 2019
- Expires: 11th October 2019