CK Group is recruiting for a Manufacturing Process Improvement Engineer to join a global medical technology company in the pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Hull for a 6 month initial contract.
The daily rate for this role will be up to £256 on a LTD company contractor basis.
Our client is a company that supports healthcare professionals in over 100 countries in an effort to improve the lives of their patients. The company takes a pioneering approach to the design of advanced medical products and services by securing wider access to their diverse technologies for more customers globally and by enabling better outcomes for patients and healthcare systems. They hold leading positions in Orthopaedics Reconstruction, Wound Management and Sports Medicine to name a few.
Hull is a port city in East Yorkshire, is named as the UK's City of Culture 2017. The city is at the eastern end of the M62 and can be easily accessed from the rest of the UK motorway network. It has good access from Lincolnshire and the south via the A15 and the Humber Bridge, and can be accessed by the A1079 from York and the North.
The purpose of the role is provide Engineering and Technical support and expertise for the Outsourced Manufacture of Advanced Wound Devices (AWD). Duties include to:
- Work closely with Procurement and the Business Unit to Provide Technical & Engineering experience on sourcing/manufacturing strategies.
- Contribute to the management of manufacturing cost base through delivery of profit improvements that support annual PPV and Productivity targets.
- Maintain compliance through adherence to applicable standards, e.g. IEC 60601.
- Fulfil Quality System requirements as described within the Quality Manual.
- Comply with all health, safety and environmental policies, procedures and job hazard assessments applicable to specified job activities including medical evaluations as required by job function.
Principal Accountabilities include:
- Performing all activities in compliance with relevant GMP and Quality Systems standards and specifically with FDA Quality System Regulation and ISO 13485.
- Applying high standards of occupational Health & Safety in the workplace to comply with company policy and procedures.
- Supporting individual developments of new outsourced manufacturing process design, for both capital and revenue projects, including estimates for the design and implementation of project work, to ensure processes are capable to deliver consistent quality and cost efficiency and meet targeted financial commitments.
- Supporting individual improvements to product and manufacturing process design to improve product functionality, quality, and unit cost.
- Leading individual sustaining projects in order to minimise service risk.
- Supporting implementation and release activities for individual NPD launches within manufacture and business improvement programs.
- Supporting YOY profit improvement projects (PPV/COGS) for the AWD product portfolio covering direct and purchased finished goods.
- Project Lead - seamless delivery to agreed time lines and budget; also demonstrating best practice.
- Providing resolution of technical issues connected with assigned projects.
To be considered for the role you should have the following key skills, experience and knowledge:
- Appropriate work experience in roles focused on Supplier Change Control, and process improvement projects utilizing statistical tools.
- BSC degree in Engineering (or equivalent experience) in one of the following disciplines, Electronics, Polymer Science/moulding, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Process Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience in a high volume industry, ideally with medical device experience.
- Experience operating in an FDA regulated industry is preferred.
- Work experience in, MS Office suite, ideally SharePoint.
- Project Management skills.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46541 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Jennifer Woolley
- Phone: 01438 743047
- Reference: 46541
- Updated: 18th September 2019
- Expires: 16th October 2019