A biotechnology company is looking for an Analytical Chemist to join its growing team. You will be responsible for the day-to-day running of various instrumental analytical techniques. This will include sample management, sample preparation, data processing and generation of reports. You must hold a degree in Chemistry or related subject and have hands on experience with HPLC to apply for this role.
* Operate analytical instrumentation such as HPLC.
* Maintain accurate written and computer records and ensure data integrity within digital and paper systems.
* Perform routine testing in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.
* Following and contributing to SOP's creation and maintenance where required
* Performing calibration of equipment, pH meters and balances.
* Management of stock items and ordering stock when required
* Basic troubleshooting of analytical instrumentation.
* Signs reports when designated with signing authority by the Chief Scientific Officer
* Reports deficiencies or malfunctions to the Lab Manager / Chief Scientific Officer
* Identifies and record non-conformities on Corrective action form.
* Correct non-conformities and potential non-conformities
* Improve laboratory and / or quality activities on a continuous basis.
* To develop and comply with policies, regulations, systems and procedures in all areas including Health and Safety, Equal Opportunities, Quality and work towards achieving best practice and high standards
* To contribute to preparation of reports and returns as required. Ensure required evidence is collected
* To Manage the day-to-day work of delivery projects in area of responsibility and related activities to ensure that agreed targets and milestones are achieved
* Support the Health & Safety Officer in the identification of potential health & safety risks to ensure that they are rectified appropriately and efficiently
* All documents containing confidential information concerning the organisation, customers, partners or staff shall be surrendered immediately on the termination of employment or volunteering.
* ensure that all policies and procedures are complied with and developed in line with best practice to ensure standards of quality are maintained at the highest levels.
Skills, qualifications and experience required
* Minimum BSc in Chemistry.
* At least 1 years experience in one or more of the following techniques; HPLC, GC-MS, LC-MS/MS, ICP-MS
* Good understanding of chromatography and/or mass spectrometry
* Good prioritisation and time management skills
* Experience working in a regulated environment
* Excellent communication skills written and verbal
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Good organisational skills
* Good IT skills including Microsoft applications of Excel, Outlook, Databases and Word
* Good organisational skills and time management
* Level 2 qualifications in English and Maths
* Experience of troubleshooting HPLC in a contract testing laboratory
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 6227
- Posted: 13th September 2019
- Expires: 11th October 2019