Shift Analyst required, based in North Cheshire. HND or degree in Chemistry (or similar) required. Industrial laboratory/analytical experience beneficial but not necessary. Driving licence essential.
Title: Shift Analyst
Location: North Cheshire
Salary: £26,265 per annum + shift allowance
Employment Term: Permanent
SRG is working with a multinational chemicals manufacturer who produce a highly varied range of products. Based in North Cheshire, the central Analytical Team is now looking to hire a Shift Analyst to support with testing of samples from across the site, from multiple departments and customers. It could be brilliant opportunity for a Chemist with analytical experience or equally, for someone looking to begin a career in analytical chemistry - perhaps you are a recent Chemistry graduate or have completed a scientific HND?
Benefits: You would be joining a team of 13 in a well-known company, with an excellent reputation. Full training and support provided. 26 days holiday as standard plus 8 statutory days. Option to take 5 additional days or cash bonus in lieu. Private healthcare, company bonus and an excellent pension scheme.
Shift Pattern: 4 on (2 days: 6am-6pm; 2 nights: 6pm-6am), 6 off. 7 shift rotations, then 20 day break
Role / Description
* Collecting liquid and gaseous samples from various locations across site
* Analysing samples collected and those provided by internal teams or external customers, including organic, inorganic and environmental samples
* Using instrumentation including GC, ICP, MS and Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy to conduct analysis, as well as density, colour and wet chemistry tests.
* Validating and reporting on analytical results, identifying anomalies and taking appropriate action.
* Responding to site emergencies, providing unscheduled analytical assistance as required
* Basic instrument maintenance and calibration
* Using prescribed analytical procedures and maintaining records to ensure required standards are met
* HND or BSc degree in Chemistry, Analytical Science, Forensic Science or similar
* Good practical analytical skills - hands-on experience of GC, ICP or MS beneficial, gained in education or in industry
* Valid driving licence essential
* Excellent time management skills, able to adapt according to priorities and think clearly under pressure
* A strong team player, able to collaborate and support colleagues as needed
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV firstname.lastname@example.org For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: graduate, degree, HND, chemist, chemistry, applied science, laboratory, chemical, forensic science, analytical, analysis, analyse, analyst, testing, contract testing, QC, quality control, GC, gas chromatography, MS, Mass Spectroscopy, ICP-OES, ICP-MS, AAS, wet chemistry
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in STEM industries. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and passion are second to none. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities at all levels and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Contact: Faye Allison
- Phone: 0161 868 2218
- Reference: J33435
- Posted: 12th September 2019
- Expires: 10th October 2019