Perm - Competitive salary + benefits
Contact Andrew: 0121 728 8456 firstname.lastname@example.org
Scope of the role:
Working with the Group Product Manager, contribute and implement the Product strategy for Drug Delivery Accessories. Act as internal client for key projects, lead responsibility for agreed new product development to product launch including planning, communication with internal/external customers and tactical implementation.
Utilise all aspects of the marketing mix, liaise with internal and external customers and contacts to support the products, ensure successful product launches and customer satisfaction objectives.
* Lead the development of agreed new products based on market, competitor, industry and customer intelligence, specifying key product features and attributes, working on business cases and target market pricing
* Liaise with group company sales and marketing personnel and distributors to determine and meet requirements for support in terms of training, product development and market collateral
* Liaise with group company sales and marketing personnel and sales managers to understand supply chains, pricing and reimbursement structures and technical/regulatory requirements in the relevant markets and to ensure product attributes match individual market requirements
* Obtain a complete knowledge of all relevant competitor products in all aspects of product offering and market activity, and maintain competitor database
* Report on market developments and competitor activity to all relevant parties
* Research and specifying customer and market requirements through time in markets with customers, at patient and healthcare professional focus groups and at exhibitions and study days
* Develop the business case, establish the marketing requirements for the project and, as the client, work closely with project teams to ensure that new product requirements and product improvements are understood, and all objectives are met throughout the Phase Development Programme
* Develop evidence supporting all messages and claims including desk research, field travel, market/customer research, commissioning performance or clinical studies
* Conducting benchmarking of competitor products in order to identify product strengths and weaknesses and recommend improvements and developments as required
* Planning, implementation and monitoring of all marketing and promotional collateral required to support market activities, in line with SOPs and regulatory requirements
* Support the Group Product Manager in the management of the Drug Delivery Accessories portfolio life cycle, including:
* Defining existing product strategy and positioning both globally and locally and making recommendations
* Working closely with manufacturing divisions to understand costs, processes and procedures in order to make recommendations for improvement and seek methods of increasing the profitability and performance of products on an ongoing basis
* Seek new markets and customers for existing products and initiate and project manage improvements through the Change Control procedure
* Provide product training and support to country field sales and marketing personnel, internal staff, distributors, customers and end users as required
Knowledge and Expertise:
* Experience in Pharmaceutical or Medical Devices marketing is desirable.
* Knowledge and exposure to a product development process desirable.
* Field sales experience is desirable.
* Experience of product development and product management is desirable.
* Technical or scientific background desirable.
* Educated with a Business, Marketing or Life Sciences degree or equivalent experience.
* Nursing or other professional healthcare qualification is desirable.
* Ability to work in a pressured working environment and meet tight deadlines.
* Ambitious and driven, strong sense of accountability and desire for ownership and self-development.
* Proactive, able to spot opportunities and harness the potential to conversation.
* Excellent organisation, communication and interpersonal skills including influencing without authority. Ability to work efficiently and accurately while working towards multiple deadlines.
* A self-reliant, results orientated, energetic, flexible individual with an excellent collaborative team working ethos.
* Ability to understand user needs and convert them into a product vision.
* Strategic thinker and commercially minded.
* Strong analytical and methodical approach to problem solving.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J33358
- Posted: 12th September 2019
- Expires: 10th October 2019