An opportunity had arisen for materials engineer to join a multinational organisation who specialise in the development and manufacture of advanced materials within the aerospace, automotive and industrial sectors. As a materials engineer you play a pivotal role in implementing continuous improvement processes and generating new test methods. In addition, you will support the R&D department carrying out various physical and analytical test on material specimens.
To be successful as a materials engineer you should ideally hold a degree within a relevant engineering discipline: (Chemical Engineering, Materials Engineering, Process Engineering or Aerospace Engineering.) And possess commercial experience within a technical, manufacturing environment.
Materials Engineer Responsibilities:
* Support in the research and development of new products.
* Implement continuous improvement processes.
* Develop new test methods as required; propose & implementing agreed improvements to existing procedures & processes.
* Carry out mechanical and analytical tests to support the expansion of material applications.
* Troubleshoot test failures and rectify any irregularities.
Materials Engineer Requirements:
* Ideally hold a degree within a relevant engineering discipline: (Chemical Engineering, Materials Engineering, Process Engineering or Aerospace Engineering.)
* Possess commercial experience within a technical, manufacturing environment.
* Knowledge & experience around composite materials would be highly advantageous.
* Effective project management and communication skills, and be able to work both independently and as a team member.
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications: Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 (Dependent on experience) + Benefits - Pension Contribution - 25 Days Holiday + Banks
Monday - Friday 8am - 4pm (37.5 Hours per week)
If you have the skills and experience required and are keen to be part of a leading materials organisation then get in touch with Lewis Cox at Cranleigh Scientific with your CV.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Contact: Lewis Cox
- Phone: 01483548804
- Reference: 6269
- Posted: 11th September 2019
- Expires: 9th October 2019