Research Scientist II
Salary: £38,000 - £45,000
Location: South East Cambridgeshire
My client is a provider of antibody design and discovery services. The company's antibody design and discovery services specializes in the discovery and optimisation of therapeutic and diagnostic peptides, proteins and antibodies, enabling people to make use of both conventional technologies and proprietary capabilities.
* Design antibody selections and screening strategies appropriate to meet stated objectives.
* Perform general molecular biology work (DNA purification, PCR setup, restriction digests/ligations, E. coli transformation, gel electrophoresis, etc).
* Run existing procedures on liquid handling and colony picking robots, help the automation experts refined these as needed, and define which new protocols need implementing.
* Sequence analysis, and high throughput antibody sequence analysis/annotation in particular.
* Analyse protein expression and quality using UV/VIS spectroscopy, SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, size exclusion and affinity chromatography methods, MALDI-TOF or LC/MS mass spectrometry.
* Execute antibody binding assays in a variety of formats, chosen to suit the purpose and throughput (i.e. ELISA, Alphascreen or HTRF, SPR).
* Plan and execute analytical flow cytometry (FACS) cell binding experiments and functional cell-based bioassays.
* Antibody or peptide library and display/selection technology development.
* Extensive proven experience in Antibody Engineering.
* Impactful publications or case studies from commercial settings.
* Desire to learn and develop.
If this role is of interest apply below.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J33333
- Posted: 11th September 2019
- Expires: 25th September 2019