Polymer Technician based in Lancashire
Title Polymer Technician
Salary £20,000 - £25,000
SRG are working with a specialist manufacturer of elastomers and specialised rubber products. Used worldwide, these products are crucial components within a huge variety of industrial applications. Based in Lancashire, they have experienced an increase in business year on year for the last decade and due to this they are now seeking to expand their Materials Science team and hire a Polymer technician to assist in the development of new materials and products.
This role will be well suited somebody with prior experience in the polymer field, and is seeking the next step in their career as their will be genuine opportunities for further progression and training. Equally, recent graduates & apprentices with a focus on polymer science will also be suitable as full training can be given.
Role / Description
Based within an experienced team of material scientists, this position will be an integral part of the R&D team based in Lancashire. Key duties will include:
* Assisting in the development of new materials & products
* Producing trail formulations for application testing
* Testing / grading materials using a variety of physical & Chemicals techniques
* Providing Technical Service to customers & clients.
Monday - Friday / 08:00 - 17:00
* A higher qualification in material / polymer science or Chemistry (Degree, HNC, apprenticeship etc.)
* Proven experience in working with Polymers, Rubber, elastomer technologies or similar materials
* Knowledge of Polymer Processing methods.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to tailor communications to level of audience
* Excellent Problem-Solving skills; encompassing Innovative Technical and Analytical Approaches
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Nathan at Nathan.Fairhurst@SRGtalent.com .For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Nathan on 0161 868 2227.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit https://www.srgtalent.com/jobs to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: Chemistry, Materials, Polymer, Rubber, Lancashire
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J33284
- Posted: 11th September 2019
- Expires: 9th October 2019