CK Group is recruiting for a Product Design Engineer to join a company in the Pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Cambridge on a contract basis for 12 months. The hourly rate for LTD workers is up to £27.
Our client is one of the largest bio-pharmaceutical companies operating in the UK. They are committed to helping the UK develop the talent it needs to achieve the aspiration of being a global leader in life sciences, from the school classroom to PhDs. They are committed to working with the NHS, academia and other healthcare organisations to improve the delivery of healthcare and achieve the best health outcomes for people in the UK.
The site is 7 miles and a short 20-25 minute drive South-East of Cambridge in Great Abington.
A capable Product Design Engineer/Designer is needed to support the development of drug delivery devices. Working as part of a friendly and well-motivated team, the role may include tasks from all stages of device development from user requirement capture and concept generation through to manufacturing considerations. The primary activities include a mixture of product design and industrial design to set the scope and specifications for new products, plus interactions with suppliers to guide the ongoing development. The role requires a combination of user focus, design communication and planning skills to identify user needs, to predict (and mitigate) design risks and to drive solutions forward. You will need to demonstrate an ability to balance user needs with project and business requirements. The role is based in the Device Centre of Excellence near Cambridge, UK and may require occasional travel.
- Support the design and development of effective drug delivery devices.
- Identify gaps in knowledge of user needs.
- Prepare for early-stage usability and market research studies to fill gaps.
- Analyse supplier designs to identify areas critical to function, likely failure modes and design sensitivities.
- Produce models and drawings using 3D CAD.
o Modify and develop 3D CAD & drawings from non-native CAD systems.
- Produce and approve requirement specifications for external suppliers (UK and abroad).
- Design test rigs and challenge parts.
- Risk management assessment and mitigation, including input to DFMEA and UFMEA.
- Support supplier design reviews and company design reviews.
- Assess Design for Manufacture and Design for Assembly with internal and external design teams.
- Create documentation to support medical device development and industrialization.
- Interact effectively with suppliers and other groups.
- Degree in Product Design or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience using Pro-E.
- Experience within the medical device industry would be a benefit.
- Experience of design for manufacture within a semi or fully automated environment would be an advantage.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46517 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Julie Marshall
- Phone: 01438 723 500
- Reference: 46517
- Updated: 8th October 2019
- Expires: 5th November 2019