Are you an experienced analytical chemist looking for an exciting new job opportunity?
We are currently looking for a Senior Analytical Chemist to join a leading pharmaceutical company based in the Northern Ireland.
As the Senior Analytical Chemist you will be responsible for performing solid state R&D activities including polymorphism studies, salt or cocrystal screens, investigation of batch to batch variability and the development of early enabling formulations for small molecule APIs.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Senior Analytical Chemist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As the senior analyst, you will be responsible for development of early enabling formulations for small molecule APIs using solid state characterisation techniques including, but not limited to, XRPD, TGA, DSC, DVS, Raman, etc.
2. As well as performing solid state R&D activities on behalf of external clients, you will occasionally be required to support the crystallisation development team with the Physical Sciences group. You will be required to plan project work for yourself as well as for other team members on the same project, in order to meet deliverables.
3. You will be required to be responsive to customer requirements, taking care to identify and record any scope changes. Additionally, you will need to ensure that all scientific project work is completed to the required standard, within budget and to agreed project timelines.
4. As the senior analyst, you will be expected to identify opportunities for process improvement and propose potential solutions with your line manager as well as being responsible for training less experienced scientists as required in the appropriate SOPs.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Analytical Chemist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Life Sciences related discipline is required. A PhD level qualification is desirable, along with experience in pharmaceutical development of small molecule APIs.
2. Proven laboratory experience within solid state characterisation (small molecule APIs desirable) techniques such as XRPD, TGA, DSC, DVS, Raman, etc is essential.
3. Any experience within solid state screening in a CRO for pharmaceutical or veterinary industry as well as understanding of the important of solid state properties on the development of new APIs is highly advantageous.
Key Words: Solid State Screening | Characterisation | Pharmaceutical | Analytical Chemistry | Small Molecule | Materials | Crystallisation | Pharmaceutical Engineering | GMP | Formulation
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Debra Fong
- Phone: 0131 202 9700
- Reference: J5632139
- Posted: 2nd September 2019
- Expires: 30th September 2019