£25,000 - £30,000
Permanent Full Time
The company are well placed in the food industry and provide scientific, technical and legislative support to the food, drinks and allied industries worldwide
Benefits: 24 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, Pension scheme, Excellent training, Health Scheme and 'Death in Service' scheme, subsidised restaurant, Free parking on site
The overall purpose of this position is to provide the companies members and clients with excellent services in the area of information provision. This department consists of 10 members of staff and you will be involved with a wide range of projects, many of which are multidisciplinary and require the support of a researcher to help co-ordinate researching information as well as the subsequent compilation and presentation.
Qualifications / Requirements:
* A degree (or equivalent) in Information Science accredited by CILIP, or related discipline.
* Experience of extracting, summarising and presenting information in a variety of formats.
* Good understanding and/or practical experience of database, search and information management systems.
* Good organisational skills and ability to work under using own initiative.
* Awareness of current information science practice and use of latest technologies in providing information in the appropriate formats.
* Good IT skills, including the use of information tools.
* Good report writing and presentation skills.
* Valid Full UK Driving Licence
* Experience of data analytics in areas such as published research and patent information.
* Experience of information provision in a commercial or a membership-based organisation.
* Experience of developing information-based solutions particularly in the area of situational awareness.
Excellent opportunity to work in a renowned food research organisation at the heart of the global food industry
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Ellie.Gorton@srg.co.uk For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Ellie on 0121 728 8458.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J33125
- Posted: 15th August 2019
- Expires: 12th September 2019