Under the general management of the Product Development Manager, the post holder is responsible for implementing solutions to problems which may occur during product development projects.
Responsible for project management of individual product development projects including the day to day management of the project team who are often a multidisciplinary group from across the business.
Responsible for managing a growing base of contract manufacture customers both within the UK and International markets.
Responsible for review of product development projects; in particular relaying concerns from the Project Team to the Product Development Manager in order to implement future process improvements.
Deputising for the Product Development Manager where required.
- Honours degree in Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences or equivalent scientific experience
- At least 5 years relevant experience working within the pharmaceutical sector in a technical and scientific capacity
- Qualification in Pharmaceutical Project Management or equivalent experience.
- Proven track record of successful project implementation.
Knowledge and Skills
Good knowledge and understanding of :
- Pharmaceutical Project Management and product Development
- Pharmaceutical, Processing, Licensing and Analytical Development
- Product/device combination products e.g. pre-filled syringes.
- Product transfer and batch scale up.
- Analytical Chemistry and Microbiology in a Pharmaceutical Quality Control Laboratory.
- National and International Guidelines on Stability testing e.g. International Conference for Harmonisation (ICH) and NHS guidance.
- Licensing routes for products and the type of development required for MHRA approval.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the British, European and US Pharmacopoeias with regard to the sampling, testing and reporting of analyses and also the requirements for product formulation and labelling as well as current GMP and sterile Pharmaceutical manufacture.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent Customer management skills.
- Excellent management skills.
- Previous experience working within the Pharmaceutical Industry.
- Experience of working within a quality system environment e.g. GMP, ISO 13485 etc.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: ST Recruitment
- Contact: Sam
- Phone: 01737 241823
- Reference: RPW20
- Posted: 14th August 2019
- Expires: 11th September 2019