An opportunity has arisen for a forward-thinking manager to lead the R&D materials department of a globally recognised manufacturer of speciality elastomers, rubbers and polymers at their state of the art facility in Malta. As the R&D manager you will lead a team of established material technologists and chemists in the development of next generation elastomeric application for the automotive and industrial markets. You will also play a key role as part of the senior executive management team, working as a collective to develop the businesses growth and cost reduction initiatives.
To be successful as an R&D Manager you should ideally hold a relevant scientific qualification, display proven management experience working within the rubber, elastomer or closely related industry. Possess excellent communication and leadership abilities coupled with a strong knowledge of the automotive and or industrial sector.
R&D Manager Responsibilities:
* Setting the material development plan in line with the company's business strategy.
* Responsible for the successful and timely completion of material development projects.
* Lead the material technology team in order to optimise R&D success and output.
* Identify future market needs and conduct development projects where necessary.
* Provide your technical team with professional development reviews and succession planning.
* Engage with potential and existing customers, presenting portfolios for new development projects.
* Take responsibility of the material mixing facility operations.
R&D Manager Requirements:
* Proven management experience in the rubber, elastomer technology sector.
* Ideally hold a relevant scientific qualification.
* Strong knowledge of the automotive/industrial manufacturing sectors.
* Hands on development experience with fluorocarbon, HNBR, EPDM or Nitrile would be highly advantageous.
* Excellent management, leadership, communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
Salary £70,000 - £80,000 + Benefits - Company Car - Relocation Package - Bonus - Pension Contribution - 25 Days Holiday + Banks
If you are an experienced manager looking for a new, exciting challenge and are keen to be part of a global organisation then get in touch with Lewis Cox at Cranleigh Scientific with your CV.
You MUST be eligible to work in Malta. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 9108
- Posted: 14th August 2019
- Expires: 11th September 2019