CK Group are recruiting for a CNC Machine Operator to join a global medical technology company in the pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Leamington Spa on a contract basis for 6 months. This role has a rate of up to £19 ph PAYE or up to £26 ph Ltd dependant upon experience.
Our client is a company that supports healthcare professionals in over 100 countries in an effort to improve the lives of their patients. The company takes a pioneering approach to the design of advanced medical products and services by securing wider access to their diverse technologies for more customers globally and by enabling better outcomes for patients and healthcare systems. They hold leading positions in Orthopaedics Reconstruction, Wound Management and Sports Medicine to name a few.
This role is located in Leamington Spa and easily commutable from Coventry, Rugby, Birmingham and Oxford. Their site is based a short distance from the A46 and is easily accessible for commuters using the M40 or railway.
- Responsible for the processing and machining of high quality medical devices following cellular manufacturing principles to strict regulatory guidelines.
- Production Operators will be responsible for the setting & operating 5 axis CNC mill/turn & 2 axis CNC lathes in a high-volume production environment and be conversant with Fanuc Controls. Operating of manual machines which may include conventional lathes, mills, de-burr stations, flat lap and polishing machines, sphere lap and polishing machines, pillar drills and various standard machine shop equipment.
- CNC machine operations include producing medical devices on lathes or milling machine centres after set up with only tool and datum off-set changes permitted with no program adjustments.
Shift work will be required.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Understand and adhere to Quality & Engineering written specifications and procedures.
- Perform quality inspection procedures on completed products using precision measuring equipment.
- Set and Operate 5 Axis CNC Turning Centre.
- Set and Operating of flat lap/polishing machines, sphere lap/polishing machines.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements (TPM), reporting machine breakdowns, calling for repairs in a timely fashion.
- Follow Standardised Working Procedures (SOP) ensuring components are manufactured to validated routings.
- Ability to obtain and maintain internal inspection stamp.
To succeed in this role you will have an ONC in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent working experience. A proven and significant experience working in a Medical devices environment or high precision manufacturing environment setting & operating 5 axis CNC mill/turn & 2 axis CNC lathes in a high volume production environment and be conversant with GE Fanuc Controls.
Hours of work:
Induction Week - During the first week - 6am to 6pm.
Week 1 - Monday to Tuesday 6am to 6pm, Wednesday to Thursday 6pm to 6am.
Week 2 - Wednesday to Thursday 6am to 6pm, Friday to Saturday 6pm to 6am.
Week 3 - Friday to Saturday 6am to 6pm, Monday to Tuesday 6pm to 6am.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46281 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Natasha Young
- Phone: 01246 457722
- Reference: 46281
- Updated: 14th August 2019
- Expires: 11th September 2019