Keir Betts at CK Technical is recruiting for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join a biomedical device manufacturer at their site based in Leeds on a permanent basis.
This company leader in its field of medical devices. They develop, designs and manufactures processing equipment which is used in a wide range of biomedical applications.
This role is located near Leeds and is easily commutable from Leeds centre, Huddersfield, Bradford and Halifax.
Your main duties will be:
· Understanding the requirements of the customer's projects and developing engineering specifications.
· Developing equipment designs through CAD and prototyping.
· Tracking project costs, coordinating manufacture of components at subcontractors and assembly on site.
· Testing and evaluating the processing performance of equipment, investigating any problems encountered and developing solutions.
· The role will involve working collaboratively with the R&D, Control Systems and Production Teams.
Further qualities will include:
· The aptitude for understanding polymer extrusion and fibre processing systems
· An ability to think logically and learn quickly
· A willingness to work flexibly as a member of a team.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
· A strong background in mechanical engineering - graduate or equivalent, ideally with 2-4 years employment experience.
· Experienced and skilled CAD user, proficient in 2D and 3D Design (AutoCAD and SolidWorks)
· Experience of developing process lines, especially polymer extrusion and fibre forming processes.
· Knowledge of process instrumentation and control systems.
· Background knowledge of polymer science and engineering.
Competitive Salary depending on skill and experience
Many Opportunities to progress both as an engineer and through the company
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46277 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Keir Betts
- Phone: 01246 457 700
- Reference: 46277
- Posted: 13th August 2019
- Expires: 10th September 2019