James Horne is recruiting for an exciting new opportunity that has arisen at a pharmaceutical company in Iceland. If you're looking for a new and exciting challenge, an opportunity abroad and a chance to utilise your biopharmaceutical and upstream development experience, I am recruiting for a Team Leader of USP (Upstream Processes) Development and would like to hear from you.
Iceland is home to a progressive and peaceful nation that has formed a modern society where freedom and equality are the most important qualities. Iceland continuously ranks near the top of measurements for quality of life, gender equality, and democracy, and is one of the highest ranked countries in the world regarding health care, education and Internet availability.
This is a rare opportunity for a Team Leader - USP Development to join a global biopharmaceutical company on a full time, permanent basis, based in Reykjavik. The company is dedicated to becoming one of the leaders in the biosimilar monoclonal antibody market. The company offers a generous salary package, relocation assistance and additional benefits.
Supervising a team of scientists and providing technical leadership, other key responsibilities will include:
- Provide guidance to the USP development team, ensuring efficient development and characterisation of upstream processes.
- Write, review and approve technical documents, procedures and other GMP documentation.
- Support technology transfer.
- Maintain a high knowledge and understanding of new technologies in the field of USP.
- Ensure that the team is motivated, engaged and working in a safe environment at all times.
Key qualifications, skills and experience required:
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a biopharmaceutical or technical field
- A strong understanding of upstream development activities.
- Lab scale experience is essential, including hands on expertise of operating upstream equipment.
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to lead, manage and motivate a team of people.
- Experience of process characterisation, process validation, harvesting techniques and screening experiments.
- An understanding of scale up/scale down and statistical methods and their implementation.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46247 in all correspondence.
You MUST be eligible to work in Iceland. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: James Horne
- Phone: 0191 384 8905
- Reference: 46247
- Posted: 8th August 2019
- Expires: 5th September 2019