Looking for new exciting challenge abroad?
Naynesh Mistry is recruiting for an Upstream Scientist to join a global biopharmaceutical company based in Iceland on a full time, permanent basis. The company is dedicated to becoming one of the leaders in the biosimilar monoclonal antibody market. The company offers a generous salary package (in excess of £65,000), relocation assistance and additional benefits.
The ideal candidate must have commercial Monoclonal antibodies (Mabs) experience, preferably Biosimilars and/or protein purification, coupled with knowledge in upstream development activities (lab scale and production scale) including hands-on expertise operating upstream equipment.
This role will be at a Level 3 Scientist, where you will be fulfilling a senior role in a team of scientists that is responsible for the development of bioreactor processes and subsequent scale-up and transfer to a manufacturing environment.
Your activities will consist of lab support tasks, including, but not limited to, solution/media preparation, bioreactor assembly and performing bioreactor experiments. Furthermore, you will be responsible for execution (or overseeing) of experiments in all USP unit operations (SF, Ambr, rocker, bioreactors and harvest), including data collection, analysis and reporting.
Skills and experience required:
- BSc or equivalent in biotechnology, chemistry, bio/chemical engineering or comparable.
- Experience in biopharmaceuticals or technical field desired.
- Knowledge of upstream development activities (lab scale (=must) and production scale) including hands-on expertise operating upstream equipment.
- Knowledge of QbD (quality by design) and DoE approach to develop and trouble shoot development activities.
- Knowledge of process characterization, process validation.
- Understanding of scale up/scale down.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46250 in all correspondence.
You MUST be eligible to work in Iceland. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Naynesh Mistry
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: 46250
- Posted: 8th August 2019
- Expires: 5th September 2019