A world-class, leading manufacturer of chemical additives is looking for an experienced Flow Chemist to join their team in Oxfordshire. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience in organic synthesis and specifically continuous flow chemistry from industry.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Design and synthesise next generation component materials
- Guide the continuous flow chemistry from microreactors to 10kg with support from chemical engineers
- Provide design solutions to a variety of programs, as well as robust routing scouting
- Provide leadership and supervision, as well as coaching and mentoring
- Prepare a variety of materials and be the focal lead for chemical outsourcing
- Drive safety initiatives, deliver risk assessments and make solid safety recommendations
Ideal Skills and Qualifications:
- PhD in Organic or Polymer Chemistry; or relevant industrial experience
- Proven industrial experience in continuous flow chemistry and scale-up
- Excellent track record of delivering materials to aggressive timescales in a fast-paced R&D environment
- Proven supervisory/management and coaching experience
- Strong safety focus including networking, communication, delivering high standard risk assessments
- Ability to troubleshoot and take an objective view of technical problems
- Experience with surfactants, polymers, lubricants or additives would be highly advantageous
If you are interested or have any questions about this role, feel free to contact Harriet at CY Partners.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work in the UK. CY Partners Recruitment Ltd, trading as CY Partners is an Employment Business/Agency.
- Agency: CY Partners
- Contact: Harriet Mak
- Phone: 0191 477 4733
- Reference: HMFlowChem
- Updated: 23rd September 2019
- Expires: 21st October 2019