CK Group is recruiting for a Senior Pharmacist to work with our client who are a global healthcare provider to hospitals, clinics and homes. The role will be based in Northampton for an initial period of 12 months.
Our client touches millions of lives every day. Their products and services are essential building blocks of healthcare. You will find their products and therapies on nearly every floor, in every department, in almost every hospital worldwide. You'll find them in clinics and in the home. Patients and providers rely on them for lifesaving renal and medical products, including intravenous (IV) solutions, systems and administrative sets, IV infusion parenteral nutrition, perioperative care, pharmacy devices and software, acute renal care, and home and in-centre dialysis.
Northampton is our clients National Distribution Centre, and is home to their Customer Services and Technical Services teams. Over 222,000 deliveries are made from here every year. The Northampton site is just 3 miles from the city centre and a 30 minute bus journey away. There are regular trains servicing Northampton from nearby towns and cities and the site can be accessed by car via the M1.
The Locum Pharmacists are responsible for:
- Physical checking of all prescriptions and orders (Renal & Bioscience) that contain POM & P (Prescription Only Medicines & Pharmacy medicines) and ancillary items before their dispatch from NDC to patients.
- Ensuring that pharmacy patient dispensing processes are compliant with:
o GPhC (General Pharmaceutical Council)
o RPS (Royal Pharmaceutical Society)
o Company Pharmacy Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
o Good Documentation Practices (GDP)
o Good Warehousing Practices (GWP)
o Corporate Quality Manual & ISO standards.
- Ensuring all Standards and Guidelines issued by the GPhC and the RPS are met and are implemented as part of their practice.
- Ensuring the appropriate clinical and governance arrangements as set out in the RPS standards for homecare services are in place.
- Being the Responsible Pharmacist (RP) when appointed by the pharmacy manager and or Superintendent Pharmacist.
- Training and/or advising any relevant personnel across all business function in pharmacy & legal requirements.
- Supervising pharmacy checkers, warehouse pickers and loaders.
- Ensure all POM & P medicines (Renal & Bioscience) are 100% checked for accuracy in product code, product description, batch, expiry date and quantity required.
- Ensure all errors are recorded on designated forms and corrected. For serious errors complete a Pharmacist Intervention Form.
- Confirm that the Renal Checking Form F04UKPHN001has been completed with patient names, order numbers, pickers initials, pharmacy checkers name and pharmacists initials.
- Make sure that on all home patient orders, patient labels (pharmacist labels) are correct and are applied to every box of product and one to the box of ancillary products. All POM & P medicines must be labelled in accordance with the labeling requirements in the Medicines, Ethics and Practice guide for Pharmacists and the labelling recommendations of the NPSA.
- Works under the guidance of SOPs, GPhC and RPS standards and guidance documents.
- Membership of GPhC.
- Masters degree in Pharmacy (MPharm).
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Experience in supervising staff.
- Expert knowledge of good dispensing and distribution practice.
- Ability to deal with unpredictable workload.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work under a changing shift pattern.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46056 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Julie Marshall
- Phone: 01438 723 500
- Reference: 46056
- Posted: 12th July 2019
- Expires: 9th August 2019