Abbi Carmody at CK Science is recruiting for a Senior Research Scientist, on behalf of a multinational manufacturer of biology drugs to be based at their site in North East England, on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will be laboratory-based and working as part of the Downstream Platform Operations team and will be involved in the establishment of platform downstream processes to enrich and purify monoclonal antibodies from laboratory to large scale.
Our client is a specialist in the development of manufacturing processes for biologic drugs, on behalf of an impressive portfolio of customers. They offer stability studies to support customer drug substance and drug products. With plants in North East England, North Carolina and Texas, they have a global vision of being the leading and most trusted global Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisation partner in the biopharmaceutical industry.
Following a significant period of growth, the company have the opportunity for Principal Scientist to join their new state of the art facility in Redcar.
- To contribute to R&D Operations acting as a Downstream Lead within a project
team to provide streamlined experimental planning, execution and evaluation, for the
manufacture of novel therapeutic monoclonal antibodies.
- Acting as a Line Manager within Downstream Platform Operations team.
- Act as interface between associated project groups.
Your responsibilities will include;
- Implementing and managing DSP experimental development programmes needed to
evaluate and characterise new processes for target molecules.
- Training and supervising the experimental work of other junior research staff.
- Producing batch records for GMP manufacturing processes.
- Relevant Scientific degree or equivalent and relevant commercial protein purification laboratory experience or Ph.D.
- A thorough understanding of Protein Biochemistry and Recombinant Protein expression.
- An in-depth theoretical and practical knowledge of Biochemistry, Cell Science, Protein Purification, Biochemical Engineering and associated analytical techniques.
- Knowledge of the key unit operations implemented in Downstream Process Operations e.g. buffer preparation and formulation, precipitation and clarification, refolding and solubilisation.
- Experience working with pilot and/or largescale downstream processing operations.
- Experience with line and laboratory management.
- Experience or awareness of the requirements of cGMP and the development and approvals process for biologics would be highly beneficial for this position.
The company offer a highly competitive benefits package, which includes:
- Comprehensive private healthcare for employee and dependents.
- 30 days holiday + Bank Holidays.
- Additional 5 days holiday, or holiday cash bonus.
- Annual company bonus.
- Performance related pay - up to 5% increase year on year.
- Generous company pension scheme - up to 12% in addition to employee contibutions.
- Life Assurance pension benefit for family - 9.5 times annual salary.
- Enhanced company sick pay.
- Attractive relocation package.
- Company physiotherapy and counselling provision.
- Access to job related training including funding for formal qualifications.
- Fully paid professional fees.
Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46018 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Abbi Carmody
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: 46018
- Posted: 12th July 2019
- Expires: 9th August 2019