Jade Stirk at CK Group is recruiting for a Computational Chemist to join a leading drug discovery business at their state of the art facilities located in Slough on an initial 1 year contract.
Our client is in the business of improving the lives of patients around the globe with a particular focus on neurology and immunology based diseases.
This position will be based on our client's site in Slough.
The Computational Chemist will be embedded in the chemistry department and you will be working on a project targeting protein-protein interfaces (PPI) with small molecules. The scope of this project is to contribute to the further development of the in-silico hit-ID pipeline with automation and new features. The majority of your time will be focused on the application of the in-silico hit-ID pipeline in early stage small molecule projects.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- A PhD in computational modelling or a related field is required with a solid publications track record.
- Experience in programming and scripting languages such as C++ and Python.
- Some knowledge of advanced molecular simulations approaches (examples of these packages are AMBER, GROMACS, ACEMD, NAMD, SIRE, Plumed, Desmond) and examples of applications to projects of significance to protein-ligand binding.
- Experience of developing cheminformatics protocols or applications using KNIME or coding toolkits like RDkit, CDK or OpenEye.
- Some basic experience of structure based small molecule design.
This role will offer the successful candidate an invaluable opportunity to develop their career within the Biopharmaceutical industry.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46057 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Jade Stirk
- Phone: 0191 384 8905
- Reference: 46057
- Posted: 12th July 2019
- Expires: 9th August 2019