CK Group is recruiting for a Shift Microbiologist to join a company in the healthcare industry at their site based in Maidenhead on a contract basis for 6 months.
As a global healthcare company, our client takes on some of the world's biggest healthcare challenges. By delivering a sustainable business, they provide health benefits to patients and consumers, improved shareholder returns as well as supporting wider society. They have three world-leading businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. They are committed to widening access to their products, so more people can benefit, no matter where they live in the world or what they can afford to pay.
The Maidenhead site is one of the most advanced operations of its kind in the world, part of the company's global manufacturing and supply (GMS) chain. This site is dedicated to the production of oral healthcare brands such as Aquafresh, Sensodyne and MacLean's, producing in excess of 400 hundred million tubes of toothpaste and 18 million bottles of mouthwash per year. It runs 24/7 to supply toothpaste, mouthwash and creams to over 20 countries worldwide. The key processes used at the site involve raw material transfer (powders and liquids)/ mixing (shear thinning principles)/ product pumping and distribution and packaging.
- You will be part of a team responsible for microbial analysis of the process and materials associated with pharmaceutical manufacturing.
- You will be responsible for microbial analysis of raw materials, components, intermediates and final products as well as environmental monitoring of the site.
- You will be involved with the maintenance, culture, speciation and enumeration of microorganisms and will also support the regulatory area, QA audits and inspections (MCA/FDA).
- Degree (or equivalent) in Microbiology (or related subject), with experience in isolation and speciation techniques.
- You will have good aseptic techniques.
- GLP knowledge and an understanding of pathogenicity and ecology of microorganisms would be useful.
- Experience of working in a GMP environment would be preferred.
Hours of work:
- 8.5 hr shifts will run as either 07:00-15:30 (E) or 10:30-19:00 (L).
- 9.5 hr shifts will run as either 07:00-16:30 (E) or 09:30-19:00 (L).
- 8 hr weekend shifts run as 08:00-16:00.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45923 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Julie Marshall
- Phone: 01438 723 500
- Reference: 45923
- Posted: 27th June 2019
- Expires: 25th July 2019