Research Scientist for Translational Biology Group
Role Type: Permanent
Salary: From £24K - DOE
Skills: cell culture, primary cells, immunoassays
My client based in the Cambridge area works within antibody based therapeutics and is currently seeking a candidate to join the translational biology team.
With a background in cellular immunology, you will have a proven expertise of working in the laboratory and will support the translational biology group in preclinical and clinical studies.
Your responsibilities will be:
* in vitro and in vivo studies of cellular immune responses
* flow cytometry and immunoassays work
* drive the development of new techniques and support findings
* ensuring and participating to the group discovery and data presentation to colleagues and collaborators
Your skills and education will cover:
* BSc or Masters in a Biological science discipline (or equivalent experience)
* Minimum 3 years practical experience required (E)
* Cell culture: cell lines and primary cells (E)
* Cellular immunology (E)
* Blood cell isolation and use for primary assay : antibody forming cell assay (AFC) or plaque forming cell (PFC) assay and ELISA (E)
* Experience with flow cytometry for immune-phenotyping and functional analysis (D)
* Practice with developing and running Immunoassays (D)
* Knowledge of confocal microscopy and Biologics drug discovery (D)
* Ability to manage your own workload effectively (E)
* Flexible and pro-active with a willingness to tackle both new and routine tasks (E)
* Good record keeping and maintenance of lab notebooks (E)
This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful company with strategic collaboration with existing manufacturer and EU patent on some of their molecules.
hey are based on a science research park on the outskirt of Cambridge offering a short commute from the city of Cambridge by car, bike or shuttle bus. The campus has a café/cafeteria on site and a large park accessible to all employees.
If this role is of interest please apply online or for more information contact Lynda Dupont on 01223 607855
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J32349
- Posted: 14th June 2019
- Expires: 21st June 2019