CK Group is recruiting for a Procurement Category Manager to join a global medical technology company in the pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Watford on a contract basis for 6 months which may be extendable.
Our client is a company that supports healthcare professionals in over 100 countries in an effort to improve the lives of their patients. The company takes a pioneering approach to the design of advanced medical products and services by securing wider access to their diverse technologies for more customers globally and by enabling better outcomes for patients and healthcare systems. They hold leading positions in Orthopaedics Reconstruction, Wound Management and Sports Medicine to name a few.
This role is located on our client's site in Watford which has easy commuting links from North London and surrounding areas such as Hatfield or Stevenage.
The Procurement Category Manager (CM) is responsible for both defined Global Spend Categories and the Regional implementation of key initiatives and projects in alignment with the strategies established by the Global Category Managers. The CM establishes and proactively manages key Regional or project level stakeholder relationships, leads proactive Regional sourcing projects, influences specification definition & demand management, as well as managing specific supplier performance and innovation activities for suppliers in alignment with the Global Category Managers.
- Accountable for the delivery of Procurement savings targets following engagement in the target setting process and alignment with the Category Leader.
- Responsible for the collection of supplier, market, category and internal business data and information for the category, supporting and informing the relevant Category Strategy.
- Responsible for providing Regional or Local level input into Global Category Strategies, including facilitating the involvement of relevant regional stakeholders.
- Responsible for the communication of distribution of any Regional or Local Category specific strategies to the relevant stakeholders.
- Responsible for monitoring compliance and adherence to Procurement policies and procedures Locally or within the Region.
- Responsible for ensuring Local or Regional supplier performance issues identified across the Category and resolved in a timely manner.
- Supplier Performance & Risk Management: Procurement Led, Local or Regional supplier relationship management, aligned to Category strategies. Identification and mitigation of key supply base risks, mitigated and managed through dynamic plans and in line with the Category strategies.
To succeed in this role you will come from a strong procurement background. You will preferably have experience working in the medical device or pharmaceutical industry. You will have excellent influencing skills and be able to manage multiple prioritories.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45815 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Natasha Young
- Phone: 01246 457722
- Reference: 45815
- Posted: 14th June 2019
- Expires: 12th July 2019