CK Group is recruiting for a Manufacturing Process Engineer to join a company in the pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Leeds on a contract basis for 12 months.
Our client is a multinational medical devices, pharmaceutical and consumer packaged goods manufacturing company who offer the worlds most comprehensive portfolio of orthopaedic and neuro products and services for joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neuro, cranio-maxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials.
The role is based at our client's state of the art R&D and production facility in Leeds. This site is a short distance from the M621 and is easily commutable on public transport as it is a short distance from Leeds city centre.
The Manufacturing Project/Process Engineer will be an integral part of a project team who will manage New Product Introductions (NPI) projects at this Leeds site. You will work in conjunction with the cross functional partners - Engineering, Quality, Operations and the Design teams to develop NPI's. You will lead many process development activities and work under the guidance of the senior project team members. You will research, develop and implement technologies to develop a robust supply chain.
- Lead multiple projects/activities while ensuring an integrated product and process development cycle.
- Deliver results by preparation and project management of activities.
- Support business key metrics with ongoing process improvements and introduction of new technology.
- Competent in validation requirements on new equipment.
- Design & develop tools, fixtures, gages and special equipment for manufacturing operations and new product/process introductions in conjunction with Associates/ Technicians and Manufacturing Engineers.
- Support ongoing Safety Incident corrective actions and ERGO team initiatives/actions.
- Bachelor's degree in Project Management/Mechanical/Biomedical Engineering or a related discipline.
- Experience in a medical device or equivalent regulated environment.
- Proven track record of successfully delivering projects.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated, with focus on Quality, Delivery and Cost.
- Proven Root Cause analysis and problem solving techniques.
- Excellent Planning & Organisational Skills.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing processes.
- Certified Six Sigma qualifications would be preferred.
- Certified Project Management qualifications (Prince/FPX/PMBoK) is desirable.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45812 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Julie Marshall
- Phone: 01438 723 500
- Reference: 45812
- Posted: 14th June 2019
- Expires: 12th July 2019