An opportunity has arisen for a chemist to take on a dual role within the development and regulatory departments of a leading chemical manufacturing business in Oxfordshire. As a chemist you will be responsible for chemical regulation documents: CLP, REACH, and MSDS. In addition to this you will support the development team with product formulation and stability testing.
To be successful you should hold a relevant scientific degree with a strong chemistry background, knowledge of chemical regulations (REACH, CLP & MSDS) and possess commercial laboratory experience.
* Authoring of MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheets) and label approval (CLP)
* Completion of Product information File's and submitting new cosmetic formulations.
* Maintain the company's database of raw materials and product formulations.
* Keep informed and up-to-date on legislation changes within the industry.
* Support in the development and formulation of new and existing products.
* Generate analysis reports and deliver results to the technical manager.
* Provide assistance to the stability testing team where required.
* Assist with the preparation of customer samples where required.
* Hold a relevant scientific degree with a strong chemistry background.
* Possess knowledge and or experience around chemical regulations & legislation (REACH, CLP & MSDS).
* Commercial laboratory experience within a relevant chemical, cosmetic or related industry.
* Excellent attention to detail and organisation skills are essential.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Salary £25,000 - £30,000 + Benefits - Company Pension Contribution - 28 Days Holiday (Inc. Banks) - Flexible Working Hours.
If you have the skills and experience required and are looking for an exciting opportunity with a growing organisation then get in touch with Lewis Cox at Cranleigh Scientific with your CV
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Contact: Lewis Cox
- Phone: 01483548804
- Reference: 6098
- Posted: 14th June 2019
- Expires: 12th July 2019