We are currently looking for a Shift Team Leader - Packaging to join a global Pharmaceutical company based in the Armagh area. The Shift Team leader is to manage all the staff in all packaging operations during the course of the shift, ensuring suitable resources are employed to deliver against business objectives whilst instilling the necessary behaviours to achieve cGMP compliance, efficiency, effectiveness and continuous improvement. This role effectively drives the supervisory management team and takes responsibility for the quality, material consumption, labour cost, and output, ensuring the highest standards of housekeeping, cleanliness are achieved in all areas and applied at all times.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Shift Team Leader - Packaging will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Plan, manage and be accountable for the shift output against the production schedule, product quality and reject levels, and the implementation of process improvement initiatives within production and effectively communicate this in daily meetings. Direct management of the Packaging operations incorporating all primary, secondary, manual packing and serialization activities.
Assist in the preparation of budgets and feedback of key issues to the Senior Management team.
2. Work with the support staff and other departments to identify root cause of any failures and assist in the completion of Deviations and CAPA's. Represent production during client visits and audits, in tours of the production facility, demonstrating competence and professionalism at all times
3. Resource Management - Ensure supervisory and operator structures support the demands of the business and are flexible to react quickly to changing situations. Ensure that Staff and Operators are fully trained, and that training programs are developed and implemented to provide flexibility across work stations and different shifts. Ensure shift staff skill sets meet the demands of the business and that shift handovers are consistent and managed effectively to ensure smooth production flows. Ensure staff moves (leavers, transfers, replacements, temps and new recruits) are tracked against budget.
3. To be directly responsible for all equipment utilised in packaging. Fully understand the operation of all process equipment, its capability and the aspects of the process likely to impact performance or compliance. Note any incident, wear or malfunction which could affect the quality of any product being manufactured.
4. Actual run, changeover times and material usage should be recorded against the standard cost model and variances reported and appropriate remedial action taken. Labour variances against standard costs should be recorded, reported and appropriate remedial action taken. Strive to achieve good (90%) schedule adherence and stability working closely with planning/scheduling department. Ensure changeovers meet standard targets and that these are challenged to ensure fast, flexible and compliant events. Play a key role in the development of cleaning strategies.
5. Work with the Facility group ensuring that the facility is maintained to the highest standards of cGMP. Ensure a good understanding of the Environmental conditions of the Packaging Suites. This should include the AHU distribution, differential air pressures and humidity controls.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Shift Team Leader - Packaging we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Degree or equivalent relevant experience, plus experience managing within a packaging operation within a highly regulated environment eg. pharmaceuticals, medical device, biotechnology, food, beverage. Any experience of Lean Six Sigma would be an advantage.
2. Line management of staff in a shift environment - Experience of performance management including use of OEE and variance reporting , and development of shift management teams and structures.
3. We are looking for someone with strong leadership skills with a proven ability to work effectively on own initiative and effectively contribute within a team environment
Key Words: Packaging | Pharmaceutical | Shift Manager | Production Manager
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Eve Hegarty
- Phone: 0131 202 9700
- Reference: J5631701
- Posted: 13th June 2019
- Expires: 11th July 2019