Asad Karim at CK Group is recruiting for a Senior Data Scientist role to join a leading biotechnology group focused on the developing and commercialising tools for epigenetic analysis at their site based in Cambridge on a permanent basis.
A University of Cambridge spin-out company, pioneering the development of novel and innovative technologies aimed at revolutionising the field of epigenetics research, unlocking the potential epigenetics has as an indicator and influencer of disease, health and wellbeing. Headquartered in Cambridge, they are an innovative and dynamic company with diverse and highly engaged staff. They believe in maximising their collective skills and experience and fostering great team work. They are passionate about realising the power of epigenetics by pioneering new epigenetic tools, utilising epigenetics as biomarkers and therapeutics and they are looking for a forward thinking, enthusiastic scientist to work in the Early Technology Development team.
The individual will contribute to the delivery of a robust biomarker discovery platform for the detection of early stage cancer. The Data Science team covers responsibilities for the analysis/systems development across clinical genomic biomarker development, sample management, experimental study design and bespoke data analysis.
The ideal candidate for this role will have experience in:
- Machine Learning / AI.
- Software Engineering.
- Biomarker Development, Bioinformatics and Genomics/Epigenomics (preferably in a clinical setting).
They will also hold:
- A MSc or PhD in biochemistry, molecular biology, enzymology, genetics or similar is required industry laboratory experience.
Advantageous experience and skills include:
- Experience with high throughput genomic datasets such as RNA-seq, ChIP-seq, WGBS.
- Experience using and deploying systems to cloud platforms (e.g. GCP), as well as the use of genomics specific cloud platforms (such as DNANexus).
- Understanding/experience of issues surrounding developing clinical diagnostics.
- Understanding of Epigenomics, Cancer Biology, Cancer Epigenomics/Genomics.
My client offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package and equity participation.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45810 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Asad Karim
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: 45810
- Posted: 13th June 2019
- Expires: 11th July 2019