We are currently looking for a Principal Scientist - Histology to join a leading life sciences company based in the Edinburgh. Our client are known for offering specialist preclinical contract research services to Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology companies focussed on Immuno-Oncology, Immunology, Neuroscience and specialised multiplex Histology.
We are looking for an experienced and ambitious histologist (emphasis in multiplex IHC/IF in an area of Immuno-oncology/Immunology/Neuroscience), who will take a lead role as Principal Scientist and significantly contribute to the scientific direction of the company as we continue to build the histology operations. The role requires a strong communicator, who is an innovative and strategic thinker and who will relish combining aspects of leadership, project management, R&D and business development.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Principal Scientist - Histology will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Primary point of contact for the Histology team, providing scientific oversight, delivering guidance on experimental design, through to technical delivery where required.
2. Leadership role in terms of group project planning, coordination and resource management and the key scientific point of contact for ongoing client relationships.
3. Line management of Senior Scientists, delegation of project tasks across the team to ensure accurate and timely delivery of client data and reports.
1. Taking a lead role in facilitating the optimisation of new markers, multiplex panels, new technologies, based on client demand and analysis of the competitive landscape. Where appropriate, providing training to others in the team. Investigating new technologies for imaging/data capture and image analysis as appropriate.
1.Taking an active role in nurturing new and expanding existing client relationships.
2. Presenting the company's histology capabilities in an authoritative and engaging manner, in face-to-face meetings and by teleconferencing.
3. Attending scientific and trade conferences to deliver oral presentations and posters and to assist in fielding enquiries to capture new commercial opportunities.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Principal Scientist - Histology we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. A degree (ideally PhD) in a relevant life sciences focussed discipline e.g. immunology, biochemistry, biotechnology, pharmacology, cell biology etc, plus significant post graduate / post doctorate experience working in a CRO / Pharma / Biotech setting. You will be expected to demonstrate relevant laboratory experience.
2. Evidence of a strong conceptual understanding of the field.
3. Supervisory or project management experience would be advantageous.
Key Words: Histology | Immunology | CRO | Immuno-oncology | Principal Scientist | Pharmaceutical | Biotech
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Eve Hegarty
- Phone: 0131 202 9700
- Reference: J5631674
- Posted: 13th June 2019
- Expires: 11th July 2019