Regional Applications Chemist required, based in Greater Manchester. Requiring experience of technical problem solving and laboratory work in chemical or similar industries. Qualifications in Chemistry, Polymer Science or Materials Science beneficial but not essential.
Title: Regional Applications Chemist
Location: Greater Manchester
Salary: £28,000 - £32,000 per annum
SRG is working with a company who are the sole UK manufacturer of coatings with highly specialist applications. Their products are supplied to customers across the UK and Europe and they are now looking for an Applications Chemist to support their operations in this region. The role will essentially provide technical service to internal and external customers, investigating product issues and using knowledge and experience to methodically solve technical problems. A range of technical backgrounds can be considered, from technical support, to product development, to QC/QA - as long as individuals can demonstrate experience of technical problem solving.
Benefits: A mainly autonomous role, working alongside and collaborating with other technical teams in a highly successful company. Training provided and opportunities for occasional travel across the UK and Europe to provide on-site support to customers. Offering 25 days' holiday allowance, plus 8 statutory days. Other benefits include an excellent company pension scheme and private healthcare. Working hours 8.30am - 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
Role / Description
* Providing first line technical support to customers and internal teams, including production and QC
* Investigating product issues, claims and customer complaints regarding product performance or processing
* Employing methodical investigative techniques to find root causes of issues
* Troubleshooting formulation problems at development and production stage
* Travelling to customer sites in UK and Europe to gather data and solve technical problems
* Sourcing and evaluating pigments and new/alternative raw materials for application in products
* Conducting trials for new and revised formulations
* Producing thorough reports on technical investigations
* Proven technical laboratory experience of problem-solving or product investigation, gained in the chemical or materials industries
* Product markets may include coatings, paints, pigments, inks, dispersions, polymers, masterbatch, adhesives, additives, personal care, household products, speciality fluids, plastics
* Demonstrable problem-solving skills, using Root Cause Analysis Able, data evaluation and methodical investigation
* Excellent customer-facing skills and good verbal and written communication
* Good written reporting practice
* Qualifications in a Chemistry, Polymer or Materials focused discipline will be beneficial but are not essential. Graduates with industrial experience will also be considered.
This role would be an excellent opportunity for a Chemist to take a progressive career step into applications and technical support.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Emma on 0161 868 2222
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: technical support, technical service, applications, problem-solving, investigation, claims, laboratory, development, product development, R&D, technologist, QC, quality control, formulation, chemist, chemistry, coating, paint, pigment, dispersion, ink, materials, composites, polymer, plastic, resin, thermoplastics, dye, masterbatch, cosmetics, surfactants, detergents, personal care, household care, lubricants, additives, speciality
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J32247
- Posted: 13th June 2019
- Expires: 11th July 2019