Naynesh Mistry is recruiting for a state registered Biomedical Scientist / Clinical Scientist to join a leading charity organisation and provider of epilepsy services based in Buckinghamshire on a permanent basis.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate must be HCPC registered.
- Practice as a registered Clinical Scientist / Biomedical Scientist or a Medical Technical Officer and assist the Head of the Therapeutic Drug Monitoring Unit in providing an efficient and reliable analytical and clinical advisory therapeutics service.
- Perform complex, manual and semi-automated laboratory investigations with a high degree of autonomy, e.g. separation of analyte or drug of interest from patients' biological matrix using liquid or solid phase extraction procedures.
- Analyse analyte/drug extracts by use of liquid chromatography mass spectroscopy (LCMS).
My client's research is driven by the desire to understand in each individual person, what has caused the epilepsy, to be able to identify the best therapy from the outset, and to make this expertise widely available. Their research is making great strides in finding the underlying causes of epilepsy and optimising seizure control. The onsite lab is accredited by UKAS to ISO 15189:2012 and is a facility which is dedicated to analysing antiepileptic drugs in biological fluids to help guide the management of patients.
Benefits include: competitive salary, free onsite parking, group personal pension, induction training, excellent training in epilepsy, DBS paid, generous holiday entitlement.
Skills & Experiences:
- Degree in Biochemistry, Biology, Biomedical Sciences, Biochemical Pharmacology or equivalent.
- Evidence of higher educational training e.g. Master degree in Clinical Neuroscience, Medical Biochemistry or equivalent.
- Ideally evidence of State Registration as a Clinical Scientist with the Council of Healthcare Scientists.
- Technical expertise in LCMS.
- Able to work flexibly either alone or as part of a team.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45138 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Naynesh Mistry
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: 45138
- Posted: 17th May 2019
- Expires: 14th June 2019