CK Group are recruiting for an Observational Research Scientist to join a company in the Pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Uxbridge on a 12 month contract basis.
Our client has been a biotechnology pioneer since 1980. They have grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, reaching millions of patients around the world. Currently they are developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
This position is based in at their Uxbridge site, which opened in 2007. Uxbridge is located in the heart of the biopharma community west of London. It is ideally situated for easy access to all that central London has to offer. Uxbridge also boasts a significant and growing business population and is conveniently located just 15 minutes from Heathrow Airport.
Observational Research Scientists are members of the Centre for Observational Research which broadly contribute evidence regarding the frequency and distribution of disease or the clinical burden of disease, the natural history or clinical course of disease, the design of clinical trials, cost and utilization patterns, and the safety and effectiveness of interventions as part of the development of evidence dossiers for reimbursement.
Key Duties include:
- Leading the design and delivery of the Observational Research studies including large scale prospective observational studies, database studies, or chart reviews.
- Co-ordinating input on outcomes studies from global, regional and/or local studies to ensure most efficient study design meeting the needs of the projects.
- Managing Health Outcomes projects and Contribute to research strategy within the product team and observational research TA Communicates significant scientific information to a variety of audiences.
To be considered for this role, you should have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Degree qualified BA/BS/BSc Commercial experience in life sciences or medically related field.
- Experience of observational research and health economics outcomes research.
- Masters (PhD preferred) degree in Health Economics, Epidemiology (or other subject with high observational research content) or Medical degree with observational research experience.
- Significant experience in observational research with a record of publications in observational research or clinical journals.
- Experience in the design, execution, and analysis of observation research studies within Pharmaceutical or Public Health setting.
- Experience in research to support drug development and research project planning and management.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45552 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Natasha Young
- Phone: 01246 457722
- Reference: 45552
- Posted: 17th May 2019
- Expires: 14th June 2019