Emily Mills is currently recruiting for a Health and Safety Site Engineer to join an Engineering Solutions company at their site in Staffordshire on a full time permanent basis with a competitive salary on offer.
Our client specialises in engineering design, project management and technical consulting for clients in the food, brewing, drinks, life sciences and advanced technology sectors. They are a division of a global engineering & technical services organisation.
Working within our client on the framework of the BS EN OHSAS 18001 Safety Management System, to manage site construction and installation activities on client's industrial premises under the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015, and to represent our client as the 'Principal Contractor'.
Your main duties will be to:
- Plan, manage and monitor construction phase in liaison with contractor/s and client personnel.
- Prepare, develop and implement a written plan and site rules (construction stage H&S Plan). The initial Plan must be completed before the construction phase begins.
- Give contractors relevant parts of the plan, and ensure there is a good understanding to achieve safe outcomes.
- Check competence of all workers when undertaking work at site, and collect evidence.
- Ensure all plant and equipment used on site has been checked according to the particular frequency demanded, and that evidence of the inspection is available upon request.
- Construct a site induction pack, ensure all workers have site inductions and any further information and training needed for the work, and an induction register is maintained.
- Consult with the workers on site, and lead H&S tool box talks, daily briefings, weekly H&S meetings.
- Review Risk Assessment and Method Statements (RAMS) and issue Permit To Work documents as required (dependent upon having the competence to do so).
- Undertake regular site safety tours, observing the working methods, tidiness of the workplace (and hygiene), compliance with the RAMS, compliance with the site rules for contractors.
- Liaise with the project engineering team regarding the sequence and programme of the works, and communicate this with the contractors.
The right candidate will have these skills and qualifications:
- SMSTS course completed, and in date.
- CSCS card - supervisor level; and/or NEBOSH Construction H&S Certificate.
- 5 years in-post experience as a H&S Site Manager.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45558 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Emily Mills
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: 45558
- Posted: 17th May 2019
- Expires: 14th June 2019