Are you experienced in health and safety within a laboratory or pharmaceutical setting?
We are currently looking for a Health & Safety Co-ordinator to join a leading cell therapy contract manufacturing organisation based in the Edinburgh area. As the Health & Safety Co-ordinator you will be responsible for developing, maintaining and protecting health and safety standards within the company in accordance with current and changing legislation, and provide efficient health and safety coordination across two sites.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Health & Safety Co-ordinator will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will develop and maintain internal health and safety strategies, draw up safe operational practices and make any necessary changes to existing protocols.
2. You will coordinate the completion of health and safety risk assessments and COSHH assessments, and perform health and safety inspections across clean room, laboratory and office environments.
3. You will provide safety training for both new and existing staff on all relevant health and safety matters.
4. You will record and investigate any incidents or accidents occurring across the company's premises.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Health & Safety Co-ordinator we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant NEBOSH qualifications, while formal qualifications in biological or chemical safety would be welcome.
2. Proven industry experience delivering health and safety improvements in a relevant employment sector. The ideal candidate will have experience in a scientific or laboratory environment.
3. A comprehensive knowledge of current health and safety legislation relevant to laboratory and office environments. You will also have knowledge and experience of handling investigations and audits in a relevant sector.
Key Words: HSE | Health & Safety | Manufacturing | NEBOSH | COSHH | CMO | GMP
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Stuart Thomson
- Phone: 0131 202 9700
- Reference: J5631170
- Posted: 17th May 2019
- Expires: 14th June 2019